The trouble with setting these monthly goals is while it’s definitely a motivator for me and focuses my mind on what I want to get done, when I DONT do well on a particular goal, I have to ‘fess up.
I was pretty disappointed that I didn’t do as much yoga as I wanted to in May. There were good reasons, but I wish I’d taken more time out for myself to practice. I’m keeping it on the list this month, with a slightly more realistic aim. Hopefully in August or September I can start attending my in-person classses again, as I really miss my teacher! I love internet videos, but nothing beats a great yoga teacher.
- Go meat free at least one day a week. I’ve written a bit more about this here, but so far it seems to be going well, and this is something I’ll definitely be continuing.
- Get to day 20 of Yoga with Adriene’s 30 Day Challenge. I got to day 13. Two reasons this didn’t work out. 1) We didn’t have Internet for a week (IT WAS AWFUL), and 2) I started a cardio class, so doing 3 sessions of yoga on top seemed like a lot
- List and sell 3 more things on eBay. I sold 2 things, but they weren’t as successful as last month. Tip to future me: when selling heavy objects, weigh them before listing the postage costs.
- Read 2 books from my reading list. Yup, managed this! You can see what I read last month right here.
- Take photos of Theo’s artworks to later go into an album. Frame some. This took ten minutes and got rid of a huge stack of paper from the kitchen table. I framed one. I’ll keep doing this every couple of months, then add them into our annual photo album at the end of the year. Super happy with this.
- Label the lids of our spice jars. Oh man, this was the best goal ever. I bought a cheap label maker, put off using it for 3 weeks because we had no AAA batteries, then labelled up all of our spices in about 10 minutes. The spice drawer is so pleasing now. Endless frustration, thwarted.
- Put the phone away when Theo’s around. I managed this more than I expected, but definitely didn’t do it every day. I try to stay engaged with him, really I do, but honestly. Lunch with Theo can take an hour to eat a sandwich. After thirty minutes my attention definitely wanders…
And next month’s goals are…
- 7x fruit or veg a day (guys, I am SO BAD AT THIS. Already! We’re a few days into June and I am not doing well! Any tips for squeezing in extra good stuff?)
- Yoga twice a week
- Review my finances again now that I’m on maternity pay
- Enjoy my first baby-free night out! I’m going to a hen do, and we’ve been training Bee on the bottle in advance – so far, so good. Let’s hope the night itself goes okay.
- Finish painting the kitchen doorway
- Sort out the bedroom table, one of our massive dump zones. So sad, as it’s a beautiful Ercol table!
- Book in my parents for another night of babysitting
What are your goals for this month?