Are you an author who feels a bit stuck when it comes to your online presence?
Not sure what to talk about on social media?
Unsure about what you should be putting on your website?
Do you really need a blog?
What about a newsletter?
How do you sell your book to people without selling yourself out at the same time?
Working with an experienced mentor can help to focus and develop a sustainable plan to tell your story around publication day and beyond, building connections with readers all year round.
I now offer two mentoring packages specifically for authors, designed to help you focus in on reaching your ideal readers.
Package 1: Launch
- This package is perfect for you if you are planning your book launch & need some ideas to activate your audience
- 1x 90 minute to 2 hour call
- We will create a list of strategic content ideas for your channels to help engage your existing readers and bring new readers to discover your book
- After the call, you will then have one month of unlimited email support to ask questions, review your activity, optimise the plan or pick my brains about any of your marketing activity
- Your investment: £400
Package 2: Sustain
- This package is for you if would like to build your community and engage your readers on a longer-term basis
- 4-7x monthly 60-90 minute calls to dig deep into your unique strengths, your voice, and how you can deliver value to your audience that drives engagement and results in sales
- Follow up emails after each call to agree what was discussed and what your next steps are
- Regular emails from me to find out how you are doing and keep you accountable
- Your investment: 3 months: £1000 / 6 months: £1800
You will also get:
This helps me to find out where you’re currently showing up, where you want to develop and what areas you would like us to focus on when we work together – that means we can dive straight into it when we have our first call.
Unlimited email support
If you ever want me to take a look at something you’ve written or activity you are planning, want to discuss a piece of activity that didn’t work as well as you’d hoped or just generally pick my brains, I am always contactable by email.
Voice and text support
Similarly, I use a tool called Voxer which allows you to send us to keep in touch through voice and text messages. Great for using on the move, but also for when you just need some quick words of encouragement or more immediate support.
***Payment plans for both packages are available on request***
Mentoring is perfect for you if:
- You are a published or hoping-to-be-published author who wants to create a connection with your readers
- You have too many ideas and need help focusing on the ones that will drive the best results OR have no idea where to start
- You want to build your audience by forging real engagement, rather than paying for likes or followers
- You want to work with someone with years of experience in publishing, digital marketing and social media
- You want someone to brainstorm with, bounce ideas off of, and generally support you as you promote your writing
This isn’t quite right for you if:
- You are looking for someone to create and execute a marketing plan for you, or to write social media copy on your behalf
- You would like to focus on running paid for campaigns
- You expect to be an instant Amazon bestseller and aren’t prepared to put in consistent work over time to grow your audience and your sales
I have over 12 years of experience working with authors.
From debut fiction authors to huge television brands, I’ve worked across a wide range of books (take a peek at my About page if you’d like to know more).
Since 2018, I have also been mentoring individual authors to help them develop their online presence and hone their marketing plans.
I love reading, talking about books, working with authors and connecting them with readers.
Sound good? I have two spots available from mid-February 2020 – get in touch and let’s work together!
I am published by a traditional publisher – shouldn’t they do this for me?
Publishers add huge value, but the publishing cycle naturally focuses on the book publication period. I believe that as an author, you should be empowered to build a connection with readers all year round.
I believe that you need to speak to readers directly and to own that relationship, so that as well as the support you get from your publisher (if you have one) around publication, you also have a group of advocates that are rooting for you to succeed and who will help you spread the word about your books throughout the year.
I’m self-published – would this be good for me?
Yes! Absolutely. I have worked with a number of indie published authors and have enjoyed it immensely!
How does the mentoring process work?
We will arrange to talk, either via Zoom video calls or even in person if you are in South West London. In each meeting, we will review what you’ve been doing since our last chat (or what you’ve done so far, if it’s our first call). We’ll then determine what goals you would like to address and plan for, and where you are now in relation to that goal. We’ll discuss different options, brainstorm ideas, and agree a plan of action. At the end of each meeting, you will come away with a plan to carry out over the next month. In between meetings, you are welcome to get in touch with any and all questions over email or by text/voice message using the Voxer app. If I haven’t heard from you, I will also check in with you on a weekly basis to see how you are doing.
WIll you help me choose which platform to be on?
If this is something you are struggling with, we can absolutely work together to figure out where you want to focus your attentions.
Will I receive a transcript of the calls after our sessions?
No, I don’t produce a transcript. However, I will provide a summary of the key discussion topics and action points, which I send you within 2 days of our call.
Do you only work with UK-based authors?
No! I love working with authors from around the world. As long as you are able to communicate in English, I would love to hear from you.