It is SO HOT in London right now. Coming out of the office at the end of the day feels like stepping off a plane in a tropical country. Hot, humid, sweaty… What do you cook on a day like this? To me, it’s got to be something quick and refreshing, and I have been making this lemon and spinach pasta recipe so much lately, I thought I’d share. Fancy trying it? Scroll down for the recipe..
Sign up to receive my regular email letter where I share some of my favourite things, as well as blog updates and other exclusive content. I will never spam you and you can unsubscribe anytime.
- 180g dry tagliatelle
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small onion, finely sliced
- 1 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp capers
- 3 good handfuls of spinach
- Good pinch of salt
- Cook the pasta according to instructions (salt the water!)
- Meanwhile, heat the olive oil on a low heat and add the onion and salt. Cook for 4-5 minutes until it starts to go translucent, then add in the garlic. Cook for another minute.
- Add in the lemon juice and capers, turn the heat up to medium and reduce the liquid down by 1/2 to 3/4
- Add the spinach in to the pasta water for the final minute of cooking, then drain the pasta and mix well with the sauce
- And you're done! Enjoy with gusto.
- Serves 2
How about you? What are you eating in this ridiculous heat? I know it’s salad season, I just never feel satisfied with a salad in the evening!