What you need for a new baby: The definitive list

What you need for a new baby_ The definitive list

What you need for a new baby_ The definitive list

When I was pregnant with Theo, my friend at work, who was much further along than me, gave me The List. I don’t know how it got started, but I do know it had been passed around and added to by at least a dozen other mums before it made its way to me.

Since receiving it, over 3 years ago, I’ve added to it and made notes on it and passed it on to loads of friends and family members. I found it invaluable, and everyone I’ve passed it on to has told me they’ve found it incredibly useful, so now, I’m passing it on to the Internet.

Here is the definitive list of what you need for a new baby, along with my notes of what helped me, what products we used, and what things I thought were a total waste of money. If you know someone who’s expecting, please do pass it on!

What you need for a new baby – download the definitive list

What things did you find most useful when you had a new baby? Is there anything I thought was a waste of time that you thought was amazing? What is the point of a top and tail bowl?

What you need for a new baby_ The definitive list

Share on
Previous Post Next Post

You may also like

8 Comments

• Reply motherhoodtherealdeal

This is a fab resource and one every mum to be should have at her disposal!

October 10, 2017 at 1:45 pm
  • Reply Alex Lamb & Bear

What a useful list to be able to download and print out! We also use the city mini and love it. We didn’t use cotton wool with our boys, opted for water wipes instead.

October 10, 2017 at 6:17 pm
  • Reply Newcastle Family Life

I remember when I had my first I wasted so much money on baby items that never got used. This is a useful list for first time parents to be x

October 10, 2017 at 7:03 pm
  • Reply Rhian Westbury

Great resource. If I found myself pregnant now I wouldn’t have a clue about the things I’d need to buy or get x

October 11, 2017 at 9:13 am
  • Reply Sarah | A Few Favourite Things

A very useful resource, especially for new mums who can find it easy to get swept up in buying everything

October 11, 2017 at 2:34 pm
  • Reply The Love of a Captain

I wasted so much money on things I never used; nappy bin, baby bath and baby food blender, just to name a few. My absolute favourite buy was our breathing monitor for the cot, I spend all the money in the world for that.

October 11, 2017 at 9:27 pm
  • Reply sabrina

That is such a useful list, I bought nearly everything for the birth from Primark – but oh my god I wish I had flip flops – bare foot to the loo really was not nice!! xx

October 11, 2017 at 10:31 pm
  • Reply fashionandstylepolice

What a great list. I wasted a lot of money on things I didn’t need when I was expecting my twins.

October 11, 2017 at 11:14 pm