This month feels way more successful than last month. Even though this blasted 30 day challenge is on there for, I think, the FOURTH MONTH IN A ROW, I have made peace with the fact that I’m not in a place right now to do yoga every damn day…
- 7x fruit or veg a day. This started out so badly, but ended up being probably the best goal I’ve set in a long time. It’s actually reasonably easy to have 2 fruit or veg with each meal and then either a piece of fruit or some carrot sticks as a snack. And on the days I didn’t hit 7, I EASILY hit 5, so I could this as a major win.
- Yoga twice a week. Guys, I clearly am not prioritising my yoga time right now. I managed around once a week. I have no excuse. But keeping it on the list means I keep doing it, which I need to, because post-pregnancy/birth/breastfeeding back is not good.
- Review my finances again now that I’m on maternity pay. I’ve done this and man, it was depressing. I’m thinking about maybe doing a few hours of virtual assisting during naps/evenings. Anyone else done this? A friend I know works through this website and really rates it, but any tips, let me know.
- Enjoy my first baby-free night out! I actually had two! The first was a huge success – went to a hen do, had fun, came home. The second one was great in that I saw some of my favourite people on this planet, and had a great meal and lots of laughs with them, but poor Peter had to deal with a screaming Beatrice who woke up inconsolable. He ended up giving her an emergency bottle, which seemed to do the trick, but I think he’s been put off having solo evenings for a little while!
- Finish painting the kitchen doorway. TICK. Feels so good to say that!!
- Sort out the bedroom table, one of our massive dump zones. I did this at the beginning of the month and it was great, but somehow it’s become covered in stuff again, soooo.. ongoing.
- Book in my parents for another night of babysitting. I didn’t end up doing this for a couple of reasons – 1) I had a last minute holiday in France and 2) my dad ended up going to Trinidad a week earlier than originally planned for some work stuff. We’ve decided where we want to go, though, so will definitely get this booked in soon.
And next month’s goals are…
- Continue aiming for 7 fruit or veg a day.
- Continue plodding my way through the 30 Day Yoga Challenge
- 3 days no spend each week
- Enjoy introducing Theo and Beatrice to Trinidad!
- Paint the living room door
- Go through the medicine cabinet – I’m convinced 90% of the stuff in there is out of date
- Take a month off my habit tracker and a week (or two) off the blog. I won’t be blogging while I’m on holiday (although clearly I will be on Instagram), and I may take the following week off, too, depending on whether I get anything written before I go away. And although the habit tracker is wonderful for many reasons, since I’m away for a chunk of the month, it seems kind of silly to draw one out. So a mini break, it is!
What are your goals for the next month?